Google+ Followers

Thursday, 3 September 2009

I'm Good

It's a great thing to believe in and congratulate yourself. Praise won't always be forthcoming from others. So award it to yourself. What reason have you got to withhold it?

I may receive rejections. I may experience weeks without acceptances. Without anything. But that doesn't mean I throw in the towel. I'm still good. I'd always rather count my successes and revisit them than wallpaper the room with my rejections. It's best to learn from those and then move on. A rejection is a fresh chance somewhere else.

But I don't want to dwell on rejection today. Today is for remembering that I'm good at writing. I can do it and, more importantly, I love doing it. In fact, I'm brilliant at it and I always will be. Although I look forward to improving every day, I still want to celebrate how good I am now. I don't mean I'll have a party and ask the guests to tell me I'm fantastic. I mean that I will not let myself down with doubts. I will boost my own ego. I do that better than anyone else.

Doubts are destructive. Only listen to them if they relate to whether or not you are actually enjoying the writing. If you doubt the enjoyment of it, then try to decide if stopping would make you feel happier and more free.

If you love it, then keep going. And tell yourself you're good. Don't wait to hear it from anyone else. They're all too busy with their own egos. And rightly so.


No comments:

Post a Comment