Google+ Followers

Monday, 19 October 2009

The Pressure Is On

I feel under pressure. My stories must now be as good or better than the last one accepted. Otherwise the editor of the magazine who has kindly believed in my writing ability may lose faith! That's how I view it. I don't wish to disappoint someone who has shown such faith in me.

Every story is now cross-examined by my very critical self. It is still my normal self doing the first few drafts, writing happily and from the heart. Then the other half becomes nervous and picks away at them.

When they are sent off, it is with trepidation. I try not to have any hope for them at all. I believe they will be rejected and then, if a lovely email or letter arrives asking to purchase the story, I am insanely happy and completely surprised.

So, don't go thinking it is hard to have received no acceptances at all yet. You are in a good position, because you have everything to play for and nothing to live up to. As long as you persevere, you will get there and that's when it gets hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment