Google+ Followers

Friday, 19 March 2010

New Chapters

Well I didn't get into the last ten with the Fish Prize, but the disappointment lasted only a few minutes. I remembered that I was overwhelmed and ecstatic to reach the shortlist. I hadn't expected to get that far. The story in question has been tweaked and hopefully improved this morning and is now winging its way to another competition. And I shall keep packing it up and sending it off until it earns its keep somewhere. I am excited about its fate once again!

Never say die. A new beginning awaits this story. Also, I can't wait to see the Fish anthology so that I can read the top ten and learn from them all. I know they will be very special indeed. I am certain I shall see why mine was not among them. I'll try to read them first as a reader, then as a writer. I sometimes make notes when I read a story that I really love. There are some I have particularly admired which are smothered in stripes of highlighter pen and have comments in the margin. I look back at these sometimes to give myself a lesson in good writing.

2 comments:

  1. Saw you in the latest Writer's Forum. Great story as always, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Joanne, that's very kind. I didn't know about it until my copy arrived in the post on Wednesday, so it was a lovely surprise!

    ReplyDelete