Google+ Followers

Tuesday, 9 March 2010

A Story Writing Itself

Just taking a tea break from a story that is writing itself. I'm not complaining, but it can be daunting when that happens. The two characters will wait for me, I hope.

They are so real that I feel them here in this room, leading me. I can almost smell them. I had to distance myself briefly. I feel a little hunted down.

My fingers were flying over the keys in quite an unsettling way, as though I had less control than usual. I know it's a good thing and will be satisfying when it's finished. I hope it's good. Often these stories that whisk you off on a long journey turn out well.

The editing required is normally intensive, but this time it seems to be editing itself as well, as I go along. An exhausting process, but I love the two people very much and am intrigued to see how it ends. They haven't told me yet.

1 comment:

  1. I love that feeling of a story writing itself. I just wish all my stories flowed like that!

    ReplyDelete