Google+ Followers

Saturday, 31 December 2011

Happy New Year!

I hope every hope and dream held by all my blog followers comes true in 2012. Thank you for reading and commenting on my posts. I treasure all your thoughts and advice and look forward to posting more often throughout the year to come.

2011 has brought some ups and downs and one of the things that has saved my sanity and brought me peace of mind during tougher days has been my writing. Without it I don't know how I would have coped. I love the way it soaks up hours that might otherwise have been spent in aimless despair and much hand-wringing. My favourite escape from reality is fiction. Reading helps enormously. But writing takes me far beyond that washing-machine in my head that scrambles problems round in circles. Sometimes I look up from the laptop at three o'clock in the afternoon and wonder where I've been. And magically, my head is clear and free.
I've reached about 55,000 words in the novel and have lots of new story ideas too. I'm looking forward to starting those and, in preparation, have actually tidied the drawer in my writing-table. I found a lot of Ryvita crumbs in there, even more than are wedged in the keyboard.
I'm going to see the Russian State Ballet perform Swan Lake on Monday and can't wait. The best thing about that day is that I shall be there with my three beautiful daughters. And there couldn't be a better way for me to start the New Year than that.

Wishing you all peace, joy and good health. x

8 comments:

  1. Many of us will echo your words about writing, Joanna.

    Oh, Swan Lake, how wonderful. I'm sure you and your lovely daughters will have a terrific time.

    May your 2012 be happy, peaceful and successful.

    Love

    Suzanne X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it wonderful to be able to get lost inside our own heads? A lifesaver sometimes.

    Happy 2012 x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy the ballet, Joanna, and have a very happy and successful 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a wonderful New Year, and enjoy the ballet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done on such achievements this year, Joanna. The ballet sounds wonderful, especially beign with your daughters - we saw the minor corps dance Swan Lake in St Petersburg a couple of years ago and even they were brilliant.

    Have a very happy, healthy and successful New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done on such a successful year. Long may it continue into 2012 and beyond! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you everyone for your lovely comments and good wishes.

    I hope you all have the best year ever, both in your family lives and writing lives. I'm looking forward to sharing all our news in the months to come.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you find such solace in your writing. Well done on your achievements of 2011. Have a great 2012.

    ReplyDelete