Google+ Followers

Friday, 26 June 2015

New Release Feature

Today I am delighted to see Tying Down The Lion featured on A Woman's Wisdom as one of 2015's new book releases. Many thanks to Rosemary for recommending Ali's incredible website, on which all kinds of authors give interviews, receive reviews and are given the chance to show their new releases.




I was thrilled to receive my first review on Amazon this week and am gradually adjusting to life post publication, with every day bringing new comments and mentions. I am eternally grateful to the generosity of friends old and new for lending support with spreading the word.

I have entered a very different territory from the familiar world of writing fiction. Normally I live a quiet, hermit-like existence and now I feel as if I am shouting at everyone. It is far from easy to act out of character, but as I am so pleased for Tying Down The Lion that it is 'out there' after five years of research and writing, that I might have to mention it now and again for a little longer before I tuck myself away again.

6 comments:

  1. I'm so pleased you're getting the word out, Joanna! It takes time to get used to all the promotion but it's a necessity these days and we get to meet all sorts of lovely people on social media along the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rosemary. The people you meet along the way definitely make it all worthwhile. xxx

      Delete
  2. Hi Joanna, I sympathise with the promotional, 'shouting about my book' part, as I know this is going to feel strange for me too! It's a weird life a writer has, sitting for hours alone with their words, only to then be unleashed upon the public and be expected to talk and interact with REAL people:) I'm sure your audience will be so fascinated with your book they will love every moment of any promotion you take part in. I have ordered your book and I am awaiting its arrival! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vikki, you have captured perfectly this strange juxtaposition of being happily closeted with fictional characters and then being thrust out into the 'real' world. Your kind words are so helpful and encouraging - especially as I'm beginning to feel nervous about speaking at the launch next week. You're absolutely right - it will be far better to focus on the book as the 'star turn' and remember that people are often fascinated by writers and like to know how a book made its way into the world and where the ideas came from. I'm going to concentrate on that and remind myself that, even though I'm very solitary by nature, this is one of those times when I need to go out there and give my book the spotlight.
      I'm really thrilled that you have ordered it and hope you enjoy it. I'm so grateful for all your supportive words - and your mum has been such an amazing source of encouragement too - she is very special and I appreciate you both so much. Thank you, Vikki, and you an count on my support when your book is published too. xxx

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Joanna! My Mum has been such a great support to me over the years too and it really helps when you know writers and can share experiences, as there's so much more to writing than just getting words down on paper. I just read your post about your launch - it looked great and sounded like you had a lot of fun! It makes me feel a bit less nervous about my own launch seeing how enjoyable it can all be:) x

      Delete
    3. Thanks so much, Vikki. It really does help to know other writers. I think we all have a shared understanding of the highs and lows.
      I think you will have a fabulous time at your launch. I was nervous for weeks, but once everyone had arrived and I saw how interested they were, I felt calmer and started to enjoy myself. I kept focusing on TDTL, rather than on me, and it helped a lot to remind myself that the event was all about the book and this was my chance to give it an official introduction, which meant it was relying on me to be brave!
      I had so much more fun than I had expected and you will have a well-deserved, brilliant time too. (Just try not to knock your (full) wine glass over a pile of Waterstones' stock like I did!) xxx

      Delete