Google+ Followers

Sunday, 14 June 2015

Publication Day

It felt wonderful to type the title of this post. Tying Down The Lion has been part of my writing life for five years and the focus of it for the last two. My hope was always to see it traditionally published and I am so grateful to Brick Lane Publishing for making that possible.

I am looking forward to seeing the paperback for the first time and, after more than fifty years of reading, interested in how I shall respond to holding my own book in my hands. I have wanted so much to do that since I was very young and as the day draws closer, I can hardly believe it is about to happen. I will be celebrating in the best way I know - writing.

Most of all, I hope that anyone who reads Tying Down The Lion will, in some way, be moved by its story. I hope the characters will linger in their minds afterwards. And I hope that the time spent reading it will be considered time well spent.

Its essence is beautifully captured by novelist and dramatist Rachel Connor on her website.

Thank you to Lara at Brick Lane, to Rachel, and to all my writing and reading friends who have given advice and encouragement. And thank you to my family for living the communist lifestyle with me for all this time. I'll restock the cupboards soon, I promise.


12 comments:

  1. It's been a fabulous journey for you, Joanna. Happy Publication Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Wendy. The journey was indeed a great joy and made so by the kindness and encouragement of fantastic friends like you. I'm so grateful. xxx

      Delete
  2. Writing a novel is like raising a child: you nurture, love and guide it for a time and then you have to let it go out into the world without you. Even though the jaunt of the break is emotional, as a spectator you can sit back and watch your hard work flourish in its own right. Best of luck, Joanna and don't worry, your 'child' has been well nourished and will succeed. Many congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nicola, for your lovely, thoughtful comment. I really appreciate your kind words. Sometimes I can't sleep for worrying, but I try not to by reminding myself that, whatever happens, publication in itself is an achievement and that I also have the novel-in-progress to focus on too. However, there will always be something special about TDTL and it has been the most wonderful book to write. I have loved every second. xxx

      Delete
  3. Many congratulations, Joanna, and the very best of luck with the novel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Frances. All your kind words are much appreciated. xx

      Delete
  4. Congratulations! You've worked so hard for this. I am full of admiration, as always! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jo. It was those stories you published in The Yellow Room that set me on the path, so I will always be very grateful to you for that, and for all your kindness and support ever since. xxx

      Delete
  5. Great to see your novel published, Joanna! I didn't get home until late last night so glad I didn't miss your blog post. Congratulations and wishing you lots of success.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many, many thanks, Rosemary, for always being so encouraging and supportive. I'm really grateful to you for helping to make the path to publication such a happy and hopeful one. xxx

      Delete
  6. Well done, and many congratulations. Enjoy holding YOUR book in your hands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Lindsay. You have given so much encouragement and I'm truly grateful. The thought that I really have written my own book is a wonderful one. When it arrives, I will definitely savour the moment. xxx

      Delete