Google+ Followers

Monday, 27 July 2015

Not the Booker longlisting for Tying Down the Lion

I am so thrilled to find out today that Tying Down the Lion is on the longlist for The Guardian Not the Booker prize!

The shortlist is determined by public vote and the deadline is August 2nd. If any blogger friends would like to vote, then of course I would appreciate their support very much.

However, most of all, this is a chance to say just how pleased I am for the novel itself - this is a lovely tribute to the characters, their story and the five years of pleasure that writing it has given me.

Lara from Brick Lane Publishing and me at the launch in Waterstones, Bath

8 comments:

  1. Many Congratulations, Joanna!! I am thrilled to pieces for you. I ordered my copy from a local Malvern bookshop. When I ordered it the owner was so intrigued she has ordered more copies. Wishing you continued success.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Nicola! It's wonderful to know that the the bookshop owner has ordered more copies - I am thrilled! Thank you for letting me now that. It's very helpful to find out how people respond - especially if they have a bookshop! I hope you have a fabulous stay in the UK and I really appreciate you ordering the book. xxx

      Delete
  2. That's wonderful, Joanna - many congratulations! Off to have a look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rosemary. I appreciate that very much. xxx

      Delete
  3. That's a huge achievement, Joanna - how exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Wendy! I do feel very excited. It's a lot of fun watching the votes for all seventy books coming in and even if I don't reach the shortlist, I will have really enjoyed myself! xx

      Delete