Google+ Followers

Monday, 4 July 2016

Novelnights!




I'm really thrilled that the lovely Grace Palmer at Novelnights has invited me to talk about Tying Down The Lion as part of The Road Trip Novel Author Talk.

It takes place on July 21st at The Strawberry Thief Bar in Bristol and there will also be extracts from road trip novels by Mike Manson, Kathryn Hind, Lizzie Parker and Jean Burnett.

I'll be talking about how I embarked on the long road to publication via memories of the year I lived in Germany, my research into the history of Berlin and the vital feedback I received from the literary consultancy who helped shape my lengthy, floundering draft into a novel. And I'll be answering questions and reading extracts.

Can I keep talking for so long? I asked my husband.

He didn't think I'd have a problem with that.

I can hardly wait!




4 comments:

  1. What a great idea, Joanna - it sounds like an excellent evening. Wish I was nearer! All the best with your reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Rosemary! I'm looking forward to it and since I've been focusing on writing other novels over the last year, it will be lovely to revisit TDTL. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like a lovely event. Good tradition - road trip novels! You will be brilliant. Enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Lindsay. It's very kind of you to say that. It's terrifically exciting for Tying Down The Lion to be part of a road trip novel event. I can't wait! xxx

      Delete