Google+ Followers

Thursday, 29 September 2016

Thresholds

Fellow writer, the lovely and talented Julia Anderson, whose stories, flash fiction, poetry, essays and features have found success in many different publications and competitions, has written a magnificent essay about When Planets Slip Their Tracks, which has been published on the Thresholds website.

I am indebted to Julia, both for her support and enthusiasm for the collection and also for the care and insight with which she has analysed the stories.

Holding the book in my hand for the first time was a magical moment, but even more thrilling is the discovery that it has given pleasure. That Julia was interested enough to break down and examine the stories in detail has brought not only a sense of validation for the book, but also, since a writer's primary mission is to engage the reader, a welcome fulfilment of purpose.

With grateful thanks to Julia for writing the essay and to Thresholds for publishing it.



8 comments:

  1. How lucky of you to have found Julia. I'm sure anyone reading her perceptive essay on 'Thresholds'' will be dying to add When Planets Slip their Tracks' to their TBR pile x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your lovely comment, Wendy. Your kind wrds are greatly appreciated. It's wonderful to think readers of the essay might be tempted by Planets and you are so right about Julia. She is very perceptive and such a talented, thoughtful writer, both of fiction and non-fiction. xxx

      Delete
  2. What a fantastic analysis, Joanna - this collection is a delight still waiting for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Rosemary. It was a real thrill to read Julia's essay and I will treasure it. xxx

      Delete
  3. What a splendid post, Joanna. How wonderful to have a supportive writer friend to give you such enviable validation. Fabulous! I think I shall have to add this to my TBR list. It sounds like a beautiful read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How kind you are, Maddy. I really appreciate your comment - thank you so much! I am indeed fortunate to have this kind of support and frequently find that fellow writers are a vital bedrock of encouragement and inspiration. I'm absolutely delighted you might add Planets to your TBR list and if you do, I hope very much that you enjoy it. xxx

      Delete
  4. I can see why you're pleased. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's very kind - thank you so much, Patsy. xxx

      Delete